Christian Mental Wellness Australia is a non-denominational community encompassing all areas of the Christian faith. We believe:
1. In the original inspired texts of the Scriptures, being the complete and final authority for all matters of Christian belief and behaviour.
2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105
2. In the Trinity, who is described in Scripture as the Eternal Godhead and who has revealed Himself as one God (Unity). We believe that He exists in three persons as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and is distinct yet inseparable.
Colossians 2:9, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19
3. That the Godhead is the creator of all things; that out of nothing He created all and continues to exercise sovereign authority over, and preservation of, all things.
Genesis 1:1, Psalm 104:30, Colossians 1:16, Nehemiah 9:6
4. In the disobedient choices made by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, that resulted in a sinful nature being passed on to all humanity.
Genesis 3:1-24, 5:3, Psalm 51:5, Romans 5:12,18
5. That we are completely unable to attain to God’s righteousness through our own works.
Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:18, 7:24-25
6. That the Lord Jesus Christ, Saviour of humanity was born of the Virgin Mary, being God and man and was divinely conceived through the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 1:18-21, John 1:1-2,14
7. That Christ died for our sins and was buried, miraculously rose from the grave on the third day, and appeared to His disciples.
1 Corinthians 15:3-8
8. In the real and physical ascension of Jesus to heaven where he is magnified to the eminent place of authority and power in creation. That He is coming again in physical form for the second time for His Church.
Acts 1:9, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, John 14:2-3
9. That salvation comes to us who are sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the Cross. We obtain the discharge of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit through this supernatural act designed by our loving heavenly Father.
Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:11-12
10. In the essentiality of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
11. In the threefold nature of God’s redemptive power in each person’s life that regenerates their life, empowers them with supernatural Godly power through the Holy Spirit and sanctifies their lives for God.
John 3:3-8, Luke 24:49, 1 Thessalonians 5:23
12. In believers bearing the fruit, and exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
13. In the power of God to heal the spirit, soul and body as a result of the supernatural work of Christ on the Cross.
1 Peter 2:24
14. In the Lord’s Supper (Communion), in eternal life for believers and eternal death for unbelievers.
1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Matthew 26:26-29, Revelation 20:11-15
15. In the eternal punishment for the devil and his angels as a consequence of their disobedience toward God.
Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:10
16. That there is one true Church made up of those indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and that this universal Church, made up of many local Churches, is under the headship of the Lord Jesus Christ and exercises independent government under Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:2, Colossians 1:18, Matthew 16:18
To enquire about our community please contact us here.